Friday, October 6, 2017

A screenshot of an updated Character Sheet using the Futura from thebundle.




A screenshot of an updated Character Sheet using the Futura from the bundle. It's mostly Futura Bold 11PT with Futura Book 11PT for the non-bold. The bold looks much more like the bold TSR used than what I was using. It's darker, and has truncated apexes (see A, M, N). The Futura Book is not a perfect match for the non-bold TSR used in terms of height/width/spacing ratios, but finding that might be almost impossible since the various digital recreations all seem to introduce their own slight variations. The Futura package in the bundle is from URW and as far as I can tell is not the only licensed commercially available Futura font.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Zach, it's definitely close enough. You did a good job on this. The font looks authentic and the lines look great. I like the encumbrance chart on the bottom. You get an "A"!

    In my opinion, the equipment section is too small. If I did it, I would use the magic items and spells/skills/followers boxes and put lines down for people to write all their equipment. They could use the current equipment box for skills. Followers and spell lists on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Scott. I find the Futura used by TSR to be very aesthetically pleasing, so I'd loved to have an exact match. The Futura Book here is slightly taller/narrower. But it will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding equipment, I find with my characters it doesnt expand much after first level, whereas spells keep ketting longer, so I allocated more space to that section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like putting spells on the back because if I am a MU I end up flipping all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig it - will this one be going up on the website as well, Zach?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'll add the pdf to the downloads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful character sheet. And that may be the first time I've ever typed that sentence!

    ReplyDelete