Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New comment on a 2012 blog post by someone who played back in the '70s using Warlock:

New comment on a 2012 blog post by someone who played back in the '70s using Warlock:

"Since I'm coming across this not long after the latest necromantic post, I'll just say that Warlock was the first system I played with, beginning in 76. I preferred the combat tables, since it allowed things like daggers being effective against anybody in light armor, but rapidly growing useless as the armor got heavier, while a blunt weapon like a mace was more effective for heavier armor. Relative attack/defense levels also made a smaller difference in your chance to hit compared to D&D, so you could handle the greater number of levels.They did have computer-printed spell lists for spells up to (I think) 17th level. Was it better than D&D? No, just quite different by the time I moved out of the area in 87."

- new comment by "Unknown" on https://zenopusarchives.blogspot.com/2012/02/warlock-or-how-to-play-d-without.html #completewarlock
https://zenopusarchives.blogspot.com/2012/02/warlock-or-how-to-play-d-without.html

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed those combat tables too, especially the critical hit and fumble table. Some more spells, match and muscle spasm were a couple I liked. Also more their abilities; lie convincingly and parry I recall.

    ReplyDelete