Thursday, December 1, 2016

Joe Dever author of the Lone Wolf gamebooks has passed away.

Joe Dever author of the Lone Wolf gamebooks has passed away. There were a few years in the 80s when I was really into these, I probably read the first 15 or so. I remember the first, Flight From Darkness, very well. Lots of memorable names: Kai / Magnakai Lord, Sommerland, Magnamund, Laumspur (healing potion).
http://www.lloydofgamebooks.com/2016/11/rip-joe-dever.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/dkAgi+(Lloyd+of+Gamebooks)&m=1

9 comments:

  1. He created Magnamund as his D&D campaign back in 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd miss the 80s while I was there, but I do. Bits like this, anyway. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no experience with Lone Wolf but I've heard about it for years. RIP...

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books Free copies of Lone Wolf books, Dever-approved. Thanks to Scott Mob​

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grey Star the wizard was cool, too. I read at least the first of those. Magnamund Companion was exciting when it came out, had a short solo in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zach H I liked Grey Star too, but Joe Dever was the editor on those as I recall

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of the series, but I never knew there were so many! Looks like I'll have something else to do this winter! RIP Joe Dever.

    ReplyDelete