Sunday, October 28, 2018

I thought you guys might like this!

I thought you guys might like this! I don't know what you'll agree or disagree with, but it's a heartfelt dialogue from two people for whom Holmes was our first role-playing game, at different places and almost the same time. I'd be really interested in your own circumstances of discovering the game, in comparison. http://adeptplay.com/seminar-hearts-minds/staying-underground-dungeon-or-no-dungeon
http://adeptplay.com/seminar-hearts-minds/staying-underground-dungeon-or-no-dungeon

6 comments:

  1. Is there any chance you can post a text transcript of this, Ron Edwards? I can read much faster than I can sit through audio/video bits so I avoid the latter (not a lot of free time). I'd be interested in reading the content and offering some feedback though. I started with Holmes myself, after a buddy of mine received the box set as a Christmas gift from an aunt (this would have been January '81, after he got it at Christmas in 1980 - we didn't meet each other until fall of '80); great memories.. the DAT illustration of the guy fighting the minotaur still towers in my deep imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy C Hi Andy, I think there's a way to get or derive a transcript from YouTube videos, and maybe someone here can explain it. Direct transcription, via writing, is a huge time-commitment I can't make. Maybe just take it in small bits for a while? I would love your feedback and personal account, and unlike a lot of internet spaces, Adept Play is very welcoming to slow thoughtful response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe a concise summary of the main points discussed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed it and I think Dad would've appreciated it. He also would have enjoyed your tangent on comics as he was an avid Marvel collector and also under grounds in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris Holmes That is greatly and unexpectedly wonderful to read. Thank you! Please be invited to post at the site about that or anything else.

    ReplyDelete