Saturday, May 5, 2018

Into the Borderlands with Mike Carr





Originally shared by Stephen Newton

Into the Borderlands with MIke Carr
I just noticed that included in Goodman Games's glorious new Into the Borderlands collection is a picture I took at GaryCon 2017.

This is an exciting discovery on several levels.

1. Playing "In Search of the Unknown" was the first RPG experience I'd ever had. Everyone has that one experience that got them hooked - well this was mine.

2. Meeting Mike Carr at GaryCon 2017 was an enormous Fanboy Nerd-Out moment for me. I'd met the guy whose writing literally changed how I grew up and influenced who I would become.

3. By somehow being associated with a later incarnation of "In the Search of the Unknown" - even if it's just a photo - makes me feel like my RPG life has come full circle somehow.

Good times.


3 comments:

  1. I have to agree: that is exceptionally cool.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, my two meetings with Jim Ward were like that, and many others too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!

    "In Search of the Unknown" in the Holmes edition box was my first introduction to D&D, so I do understand. And I had the pleasure of meeting Mike and getting my 2 copies signed at this year's GaryCon :)

    ReplyDelete