Monday, July 31, 2017

Basic Human Neurophysiology by Lindsley and Holmes





Tony Rowe wrote:

I finally got one of Dr. Holmes' lesser -known publications to us gamers - Basic Human Neurophysiology (from the University of Nottingham Medical Library to mine). As Zenopus has written before, he includes an example from a pulp Western by Edgar Rice Burroughs and goes into detail on how the character's brain processes what is happening in the scene. There is also a bit of humor in the vision chapter that reads like it was by Holmes.



8 comments:

  1. It just occurred to me that it took a brain surgeon to figure out the LBBs... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed it. It's probably better than Mordred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Holmes I have that book! I haven't been able to finish Armageddon 2419 so that I can move on to the myriad sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't rush. Dad was not happy with that book, or the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. So that gives me an idea to bring focus to another idea that's brewing...

    Thanks for posting this, Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read Mordred, and enjoyed it as a sequel to Arm. 2419.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robert Weber LBBs? Levels Beyond Basic? Need to add to my Acronym Dictionary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steven Muchow LOL. "Levels Beyond Basic" are my own set of house rules combining Holmes and OD&D, and is my own spit-take on the acronym, which originally meant "Little Brown Books", the 1974-1977 era "Original" D&D. ;)

    ReplyDelete