Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Great 2d6 table for determining wandering monster motivations.

Great 2d6 table for determining wandering monster motivations.

Originally shared by Peter Schweighofer

Hobby Games Recce
I’m tinkering with the default, hack-and-slash gameplay of Basic/Expert D&D by adding broad motivations for randomly encountered creatures; I’m hoping to infuse the game with fewer situations “solved” with combat and more opportunities for story and character depth to develop by encouraging more creative solutions to encounters.

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a decent read/take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It parallels a lot of what I do already at the table. I enjoyed the article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table. I'll just print it out & tape it up next to the Encounter Reactions Table on my DM screen inserts. :)

    ReplyDelete