Sunday, June 4, 2017

Recently discovered that the 1974 TV series Kolchak the Night Stalker series is currently playing every Sunday night...

Recently discovered that the 1974 TV series Kolchak the Night Stalker series is currently playing every Sunday night at 10 PM on MeTV. Last week the 1st episode of the regular series (which was made after two TV movies) was on. Gygax was a fan and one episode inspired him to include the Rakshasa in D&D. Kolchak is played by the dad from Christmas Story...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolchak:_The_Night_Stalker

9 comments:

  1. I checked and it doesn't seem to be there anymore. It's available through Amazon for $2 per episode but not included with Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been DVRing since it premiered on MeTV a few months back. It's got me wanting to write/run something in that vein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard LeBlanc Does the MeTV run include the original TV movies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach H I don't think they've shown them. When they started running the Columbo MOWs at 8e/7c is when they started Kolchak at 10e/9c.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always assumed that Kolchak was also the inspiration for the Shambling Mound as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shambling mound was in Night Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sit corrected (though I'd swear Kolchak encountered a sewer monster that looked like the illustration in the MM) I'm old, and memory fades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They may very well have reused the costume.

    ReplyDelete