Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My map from this weekend’s session: “In Search of Norvin’s Tomb”.

My map from this weekend’s session: “In Search of Norvin’s Tomb”. Tales of The dwarf lord Norvin - once a great warrior ages ago - don’t speak of a kind demihuman, but a conquering fiend driven to madness on an endless search for treasures beneath the earth. But what caused this insanity?

Awesome note on this is that Norvin was actually one of only two surviving party members from a campaign I ran years ago. Roles have reversed and now I a character, and the DM (Herman Klang - who was one of the original campaign’s members who perished in the epic campaign finale) brought back Norvin as a session hook. I absolutely love when that happens - especially when the characters turns out to no longer be a good guy!

https://dungeonsofklang.blogspot.com/2018/02/sunday-i-ran-adventure.html





10 comments:

  1. Shout out to the Holmesian name generator for providing the names of the dead guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herman Klang Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Thanks for showing the contrast between DM scratches vs. Paul Haupt's beautiful map - I laugh when I see it but with sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karel Hynek Macha Thx! Herman Klang's sessions are a complete blast, so mapping them out is always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul Haupt III - Nice work with the isometric stairs and levels!

    Pardon my ignorance and confusion, but did you clean that up later from your mapping doodles during the session as a player, or
    did you do something unusual like creating the map before the session and giving it to Herman Klang to stock and run as DM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karel Hynek Macha I usually map during the session as a player, and then illustrate a "cleaned-up" version, which includes details, etc. after the session.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- That's a fun "value-added" benefit after each session for everybody in your group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am putting this on my blog now to immortalize the time Karel Hynek Macha laughed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herman Klang Oh no! :) Note well I'm laughing (mostly) at myself there. You and I (and most people) just map like mortals.

    ReplyDelete