Friday, July 19, 2013

Bob Jester (Robert Weber), one of our newest members here, wrote today on Dragonsfoot:

Bob Jester (Robert Weber), one of our newest members here, wrote today on Dragonsfoot:

"one of my favorite WWII submarine warfare novels "A Tale of Two Subs" by Jonathan J. McCullough; one of the key figures in this account is of Jasper Holmes, J. Eric Holmes' father, and J. Eric himself gave interviews to J. McCullough in the course of the writing of this book. I would not have known that this was the same "Eric Holmes" that went on to become a successful neurosurgeon and author."
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1392507#p1392507

1 comment:

  1. My follow-up over there:
    "Good spot, Bob! That's an interesting topic, which I've wanted to write about but haven't had time to do it justice yet. Need to finish some reading first ... I have the "A Tale of Two Subs" book and I've read the few parts that mention Eric but not the whole thing yet."

    ReplyDelete