Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Got to drop into a Barrowmaze game last night with my friend Matthew at Jetpack Comics in Rochester NH.

Got to drop into a Barrowmaze game last night with my friend Matthew at Jetpack Comics in Rochester NH. My first time exploring the Barrowmaze. I played Zell the Barbarian, follower of Crom. He did well against a rock creature but then fled the dungeon after smashing a door open and waking a coffer corpse. The other PCs defeated the creature and got haul - a jeweled crown and armbands. If anyone is in the area, they are looking for more players.
https://www.facebook.com/events/170846250286290/?ti=cl
https://www.facebook.com/events/170846250286290/?ti=cl

11 comments:

  1. Nice, did you move up there or are you vacationing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On vacation, so it was just a one off for me. I can now envision a show where someone travels around the country and games and chats with various local groups, sort of a Bourdain of gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool.. what system did they run Barrowmaze under - S&W?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basic Fantasy RPG by Chris Gonnerman --- essentially B/X but with Ascending AC and race separated from class. Runs like every other old school D&D I've played.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach H we may have to start a new community called "traveling sage" or some such to announce vacations like these and enlist players/GMs in the target destinations. I did a bit of this myself during our family road trip this summer and have done similar with board/miniatures games on multiple continents where I have met up with fellow gamers. It's super fun and you sometimes get exposed to bits of the city you might have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the signal boost. It was great to have you drop in for a night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to travel up to Boston on occasion for work and would drop in on a game nearby with some fellas I met on Dragonsfoot. Great times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BFRPG is a great system. Very carefully considered. Would probably be my favorite system except for the tragic error of separating race and class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the race/class split. Matthew's elf was a single-class Fighter with a Strength of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wink was to let everyone know I realize I'm in a stark minority that prefers race as class.

    ReplyDelete