Monday, June 11, 2018

Stuff I was able to get signed at #ntrpgcon by former TSR folks, inorder of signing ---

Stuff I was able to get signed at #ntrpgcon by former TSR folks, in order of signing ---

Players Handbook --- my original copy (!) - signed by the Great Druid himself, Dennis Sustare, next to the Druid entry. He created the original class for OD&D.

Return to the Keep on the Borderlands signed by John Rateliff, the author, on the title page. I told him of two of my favorite additions, the Bee-Man and the Shy Tower.

D&D Expert Rulebook double-signed by Steve Marsh, near his co-editor credit, and by Erol Otus, who left his famous "EO" tag by his art on the cover.

World of Greyhawk Glossography signed by Darlene on the title page. I picked this because part of her beautiful map is shown on the cover, but she relayed that she had also done the graphic design and layout. She stared at it for a few seconds, remembering her work. I also bought a signed copy of her 1982 game The Battle for the Mid-Realm.

Hope to take pics of these when I get some more time!

8 comments:

  1. I bought a copy of Darlene's Battle for the Mid-Realm at GaryCon, after playing a game of it taught by Darlene herself. Great design, and truly innovative for its time. Highly recommend it to anyone who's never played it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Rateliff signature and the Expert sigs in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charley Phipps They sold out of your Caves of the Unknown module before I had a chance to pick one up. At one point I was talking to someone who was excited to have it, I think they had bought two copies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humza K Thanks! I hope Rateliff returns and runs a game himself. I got to play with him in a game run by Paul Stormberg on Sat morning that I didn't get a chance to post about here at the time. But I didn't get to talk to him as much as I would have liked. I'm also a big fan of his History of the Hobbit, which was one of my inspirations for analyzing the Holmes Basic manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer! Mike Badolato said he had some copies available for post-con ordering if you still want one. It’s been jazzed up and some encounters were added to what I did years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charley Phipps I snagged one... looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! It was fun to write. :-)

    ReplyDelete