Thursday, November 2, 2017

Dyson's take on part of the Caves of Chaos (Goblins-Hobgoblins-Ogre).


Dyson's take on part of the Caves of Chaos (Goblins-Hobgoblins-Ogre). One popular variant is to split the Caves of Chaos up into lairs that are further apart on the B2 wilderness map. This would work well for that.

Originally shared by Dyson Logos

#Mapvember2017 - Map 01 - Goblins, Hobgoblins, and an Ogre

Six years ago I worked on a project to redraw this particular map and the maps that go with it. I never finished them, and n top of it I long ago lost the original drawings.

But with Keep on the Borderlands coming back soon officially for D&D5e, I figured it was about time I redrew them again, this time with the goal of making a vector format version that can easily be blown up to any size needed - I'll even add in a 5' sub-grid in dotted lines for the final version for everyone wanting to have battlemaps for the module.

4 comments:

  1. My first character died in his first encounter in one of those rooms. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAPvember? Gee whiz, I just started NaNoWriMo! You'll have to catch me next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a scenario where the Castilian's Keep was ravaged, and the humans ended up living in the caves as a community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As we know, Quasqueton is supposedly connected to the Caves.

    ReplyDelete