Thursday, September 21, 2017

Here's the description for my game for Gary Con X

Here's the description for my game for Gary Con X
"Return to the Tower of Zenopus"
Forty years ago adventurers first braved the dungeon under the ruined tower of the wizard Zenopus. Fearsome monsters were overcome and fabulous treasure recovered, but the doom of Zenopus was never revealed. The stairway leading down to the dangerous passages was eventually bricked over by order of Lady Lemunda, current ruler of prosperous Portown. However, recently your party uncovered a previously unknown means of entry. What secrets remain to be discovered in the old dungeons? Meet at the Green Dragon Inn and adventure as Boinger, Zereth, Murray or another character from J. Eric Holmes' stories. This adventure from the Zenopus Archives celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Holmes Basic D&D set. #garyconx #brazenheadofzenopus

23 comments:

  1. Nice!! Really hoping I can make it to Gary Con next year, but I've got some major work conflicts I need to work out first : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about having the characters be 60 years old now, with lower Strength and Dexterity, but increased Wisdom and at higher levels?

    ReplyDelete

  3. Well, that would make Boinger in the prime of his life and Zereth an adolescent. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Thomas well, I didn't want to saddle them with walkers and arthritis. Though a cataract-hobbled magic user with a seeing eye dog could be an interesting twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome. Are you offering pre-gens? Which Holmes characters are included, if so?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin Stewart​ yes, I plan to use pre-gens based on the character sheets in Tales of Peril

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike Young​ (and anyone else that might sign up) I still need to submit this, but plan on running it twice, once Fri, once Sat. Any time preferences?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a tempting tribute. As to arthritis and catteracts, I think D&D exists in a world free of natural diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope to see this published as a module after the event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark Tygart​ First I need to write it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Event submitted & approved for Gary Con. I requested Fri and Sat morning from 9-1 each day. They are not scheduling yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone needs to record this for posterity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you can run it again at North Texas in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you going to make this adventure available in any form later?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chris Holmes I am going to try to attend NTRPG Con also this year, and if so I will definitely run it there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Herman Klang I'll definitely write it up at some point, but it will be after I've run it next year. Right now it's still in development, just handwritten notes and ideas in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zach H, out of curiosity what part of the country are you in? Any chance you'd be able to run it at a con in the Midatlantic area?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Andy C​ I've been attending Tridentcon the past few years. It's near Baltimore this year Veterans Day weekend. I won't have this adventure ready this time as I am taking notes for it as I read Tales of Peril. But 2018 is a possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will be at Tridentcon this year though. Not signed up to run anything but am playing several games. https://www.meetup.com/TridentCon-gaming-in-MD/?_cookie-check=bl1n_4wKgI54w3y1

    ReplyDelete