Saturday, January 14, 2017

Some excerpts from Alarums & Excursions #48, Aug 1979, including the fantastic cover and some Arduin related...

Some excerpts from Alarums & Excursions #48, Aug 1979, including the fantastic cover and some Arduin related material, courtesy Andy Action 

Originally shared by Andy Action

In my never-ending pursuit of all-things Arduin, I've obtained a few print issues of Alarums & Excursions. Here's a bit from A&E #48 - August 1979 with some Arduin-related material in it!

1. A 2-page Multiversal Trading Company ad (side 1 with Phraint image and side 2 with a note from Hargrave).

2. An edited comment section from Send In The Fire Brigade #302 by Matthew Whalley - I found his comments to Hargrave and Gygax particularly hilarious! It's good to know that nerd-rage was alive and well in 1979 - imagine if these guys had the internet within which to spar!

I also obtained # 63 - Nov. 1980 which has considerably more Arduin material in it, including 4 pages from Hargrave himself - more to come! Stay tuned!



3 comments:

  1. I actually was wondering. there is no way to get A&E digitalised somehow, is there? I would be really interested in looking at some of the older issues, but I live at the other side of the planet

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2 per PDF. I haven't gotten any myself - keep meaning to - but I think some others on G+ have.

    ReplyDelete