Sunday, September 9, 2018

Last night I was checking the partially filled-out Gary Con XI schedule, trying to decide when to schedule my games...

Last night I was checking the partially filled-out Gary Con XI schedule, trying to decide when to schedule my games to run, when I did a double take. There is already a Return to the Tower of Zenopus game on the schedule! Now there were three different Zenopus events at NTX last year, so it's not completely surprising, although they all had slightly different titles. It turns out that this one is being run by Mike Mearls, the guy who is basically in charge of 5E D&D design...! #brazenheadofzenopus

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi/schedule/123
https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi/schedule/123

8 comments:

  1. The game is listed as being run with Basic D&D rather than 5E, although I'd guess it's probably B/X or BECMI Basic rather than Holmes. Here's the full game blurb for reference: "Long ago, a band of adventurers dispatched by the mysterious sage Jeric D'Holmes plunged into the tunnels beneath the ruined tower of Zenopus. The dungeons beneath the tower were long thought empty, but now ghouls, goblins, and worse plague the small city of Portown by night. Could the source of this evil be found in this supposedly abandoned dungeon?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's only running the game once, on Thursday afternoon at 3 PM, so at least my games will be on different days (Friday/Saturday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found this recent post on the Piazza, which shows a re-drawn Zenopus map that Mearls posted on Twitter in August: thepiazza.org.uk - [Holmes Basic] Mike Mearls tweets Zenopus dungeon map - The Piazza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer my version of the map ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat! Inspired by yourself, no doubt.

    I'm also having difficulty trying to come up with a second time to run my game. I'm thinking an 8pm to midnight time slot would be fun, but I need to know when the Legends tournament is going to be, since Andy and I will need to be defending our title!

    ReplyDelete