Monday, June 1, 2015

Awesome dice for another 1977 game - Traveller.




Awesome dice for another 1977 game - Traveller. The full set is available here: http://www.farfuture.net/FFE-Books.html

Originally shared by Dyson Logos

I'm a long time Traveller fan - it was my first non D&D gaming experience (it turned into a series of running gun fights because it was the first RPG we had that involved guns... Salesman ripping you off? Shoot him. Pedestrian gives you a funny look? Shoot him. Cops out to get you for shooting everyone in town? Shoot them.)

We had some much better Traveller games later, but not until we had shot everyone and everything in the Imperium. Twice. A lot like my experience with the Top Secret RPG.

Anyways, during the MegaTraveller Bundle of Holding, Marc Miller offered early birds a free Traveller die for jumping in. Mine arrived yesterday with a note that since it was costing him much more to ship me the die than the actual cost of the die, he was sending me a set of five dice instead.

So I thought it was only fair of me to post it here and remind everyone about how cool Traveller is, and to tell them how cool Marc Miller is too.

5 comments:

  1. Traveller is welcome here. In Holmes' FRPG book the second example of play is of Traveller and he covers it in the chapter on Sci-Fi games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not joking when I said that I want to run Snapshot in the middle of a Holmes' Basic D&D dungeon! Traveller was my second RPG after Holmes Basic, and its always been my go-to science fiction RPG (just barely beating out Star Frontiers and Gamma World!) 0-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Donald McKinney. Great to hear that he's still at it. I actually don't know very much about Traveller (I had/have Star Frontiers). I've been thinking about getting the Traveller Book reprint from RPGnow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend and I just started working yesterday on a CT/HOLMES mash-up. Essentially CT mechanics with the Blue Book as playbook and color...

    ReplyDelete