Saturday, January 31, 2015

For those of you who haven't seen this simplified redo of the B1 map.




For those of you who haven't seen this simplified redo of the B1 map.

Originally shared by Dyson Logos

Thanks to the Dragonsfoot forums, I just discovered this awesome redraw of the map for B1 - In Search of the Unknown.

The standard map is problematic in some ways for me - namely that I don't use pencil-thin walls in my maps and it honestly gets fucking confusing for no particular reason, resulting in the potential of a lot of game time being spent wandering around through corridors instead of finding the cool rooms.

Sometimes that's cool (the lots of wandering and exploring), but some players just don't have the patience for it.

This map... this map is awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Half the fun of the first time I crawled through B1 was getting lost, retracing steps & trying again. The mapping was incredibly tedious, but with few wandering monsters (lucky on our part; the DM kept crapping the WM rolls!) we had a bit of time to go back & get a second look at the more difficult passages - AND the teleport trap completely messed me up! LOL! Great times were had in B1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this when I last ran it...soooooo much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put this map in the library the first time my son and his friends played B1, using the original map for the actual adventure.  At first they thought they'd found the map to the dungeon, and then it just added to the confusion, since they could recognize elements from the revised map, which didn't make sense in the actual dungeon.  And then they hit the teleporter rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a good dungeon & bit of RP without a red herring or two, eh? Demos post full of awesome. (evil grin)

    ReplyDelete