Saturday, July 12, 2014

Seems like the quick start rules for Lejendary Adventures is still up at Troll...

Seems like the quick start rules for Lejendary Adventures is still up at Troll Lords. http://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/la_quickstart.pdf
I was interested in seeing what the default task resolution mechanic was in Gary Gygax's games that he did later on in life. Seems he went with Ability Scores = percentages. Skills based on ability scores. Roll under with d00
http://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/la_quickstart.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with roll-under percentile systems, nothing at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to be at Gen Con in 1999, when Gary introduced LA. (It was also when I briefly got to meet Gary and tell him how much what he had done meant to me.) My copy of the Lejendary Rules (basically the PHB) is signed & numbered #22 of 1000. Which is nice but I'd probably have to buy another copy if I actually ran the game. I played in a short demo at Gen Con but haven't ever had a chance to play it since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does LA differ from his Dangerous Journeys Mythus books? I got those in high school just before I took a long hiatus from role playing.

    ReplyDelete