Thursday, January 17, 2019

An adventure I wrote - STATUES - was run using BlueHolme rules and reviewed and analyzed in-depth on...

An adventure I wrote - STATUES - was run using BlueHolme rules and reviewed and analyzed in-depth on 2018-Silver-Ennie-Award-winning podcast Fear of a Black Dragon. The players and DM had a lot of fun, despite a TPK.

They coined a new genre term, "Urban Picaresque," for the tone of the adventure and made references and comparisons to Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, Jack Vance, Robert Altman's Nashville, Walter Hill's The Warriors, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, among other texts.

https://www.gauntlet-rpg.com/fear-of-a-black-dragon/statues
https://www.gauntlet-rpg.com/fear-of-a-black-dragon/statues

10 comments:

  1. Loved this episode!
    Where can I purchase this adventure, Karel Hynek Macha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy Action Hi Andy - That's flattering somebody with your good taste likes my stuff- I really liked your cat demon from the Middle Silence adventure collab with Fuseboy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark Tygart Thanks for the compliment, Mark! Hope you enjoy running the module with your gaming group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karel Hynek Macha thanks for the shout out, but I think you’ve got me confused with someone else. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy Action Pardon me if I'm wrong - Maybe you thought up some ideas for that adventure, but not the part I mentioned...Anyway, it seems like you (and your friends) have good taste-

    From blog.trilemma.com - Basilica of the Leper Messiah

    "Friday, 1 September 2017
    Basilica of the Leper Messiah
    The inestimable (and generous) Andy Action hit me up with a concept for a short adventure over a year ago. I'd always intended to do it up, but time sure flies..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karel Hynek Macha ah, yes!
    I just gave the idea to Michael Prescott - he did the heavy lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't often see Altman mentioned in RPG reviews. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zach H Thanks, Zach! I was pretty psyched. Reviewing the reviewers, I'm impressed with FoaBD's creativity and thoroughness. They have also reviewed Michael Prescott's The Sky-Blind Spire, Keep on the Borderlands, Slumbering Ursine Dunes and other old and new-but-Old-School adventures.

    ReplyDelete