Thursday, December 21, 2017

That Gary Gygax loved puns and anagrams is well established, as is the fact that I frequently miss examples of them...

Originally shared by James Maliszewski

That Gary Gygax loved puns and anagrams is well established, as is the fact that I frequently miss examples of them that have been staring me in the face for, literally, decades.

Re-reading Gary's Gamma World module Legion of Gold, I only just now recognized the significance of the name, Jemmas, Warder of the Barony of Horn.

I am an idiot.

3 comments:

  1. You know, the thing with anagrams...it got to the point that enworld posters were seeing anagrams that weren't there, and asking about them:

    http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?22566-Q-amp-A-with-Gary-Gygax/page871&p=4021005&viewfull=1#post4021005

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich Franks: that's likely my fault: "Tsojconth may be an anagram of John Scott???" is on my anagrams page @ greyhawkonline.com - Gygax's Greyhawk Anagrams, Puns, and Homages ;)

    ReplyDelete