Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Inspired by playing Adventure, I dug out my old Infocom compilation, "Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces" CD-ROM,...

Inspired by playing Adventure, I dug out my old Infocom compilation, "Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces" CD-ROM, which I haven't tried out in years. I quickly discovered it doesn't run in OS X. But there is a program Zoom which will run the old Infocom files with just some minor tweaking to the file names.
http://www.logicalshift.co.uk/mac/zoom/manual/launch.html

2 comments:

  1. I started a series of adventures by informing the players that they were "standing in a field, near a white house..." After getting in the house (and almost getting frakked by the grue upstairs, they found the trapdoor beneath the rug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF is an interesting cousin to RPGs. 'Twisty Little Passages' is a nicely written academic treatment of the IF genre. (http://nickm.com/twisty/).
    Any Z-Machine interpreter ought to be able to play the Infocom games. (Frotz will usually be at the top of your internet search results)

    ReplyDelete