Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Great logo design by Cameron.


Great logo design by Cameron.

Originally shared by Piper

I recently mocked up a "compatible with" logo for another game system and thought it might be fun to do one for OD&D, too. Here it is. I was trying for something easily recognizable from beyond arm's length as opposed to something artistically amazing. It's free for your use. I'm hoping this may inspire someone with a bit more talent than I to give it a shot. Or ... does a logo already exist?

12 comments:

  1. It should be just fine so as you have a disclaimer about "not affiliated with" TSR etc. somewhere on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it's not OGL or includes WotC IP it should be fine, just like those not-HP printer cartridges in your HP printer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, if only there was a 1977 version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do that. You want it to say "Blue Book" instead of OD&D maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The big font, Saloon Girl Inline, is one I paid for. The other is Accord Heavy SF and is free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I may offer an opinion, I'd delete "intended for use with the" and just make it "COMPATIBLE WITH OD&D +---- 1974 BOXED SET RULES". Short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea Michael. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know almost nothing about font licensing, but would that mean that anyone using the logo on a retail product would need to pay for the Saloon Girl font?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm ... I was thinking entirely from my end about non-commercial use and the logical extension of others using it commercially just sailed right over my head. I'll have to think of a different font.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I deleted it because of some usage right issues with the font I had inadvertently overlooked.

    ReplyDelete