Sunday, December 23, 2018

A play report

Thom Hall wrote:

(a post of mine taken from another private forum tonight)
Played our first D&D game with my son (age 5) tonight. My wife Kristi ran the game and used the blueholme ruleset. It's holmes basic d&d but expanded to level 20. It was fantastic fun as anticipated but after the first combat my son inspired these: shark toothed arrows (+1 damage)

He was playing a centaur armed with a bow and shot this sharklike creature with arms and legs coming ashore while our party slept near by. After killing the thing with the help from his pop's fighter (he woke me up to help) he decided he wanted to make arrows from the shark teeth. Kristi and I both were surprised by his suggestion and she absolutely allowed it. The result was simply arrows that deal a bit more damage but the story behind them will be one as a beardo gamer dad I will never forget. :)

10 comments:

  1. It's stories like these that made it worth writing the game! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaddeus Moore hah just my own slang for someone that has what is also called the "UNIX beard'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom Hall I had to look that up too. “Facial hair that all Unix experts are mysteriously compelled to grow. The length, bushiness, and unkemptness of the Unix beard are all directly proportional to the owner's expertise. Having a Unix beard is a great way to ensure that you never get laid.” Sounds very wizardy!

    urbandictionary.com - Urban Dictionary: Unix beard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan Becker The rule was simply +1 damage and I think that works well. Fun stuff for sure and we are back at it this afternoon in a few minutes. Life is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and I love the arrows. Might they cause lycanthropy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fantastic idea Chris Holmes

    ReplyDelete