Wednesday, March 6, 2019

PC tokens for my Zenopus games at GaryCon




One of two sets of "minis" for my Zenopus games later this week at Gary Con. I plan to use these for marching order & bigger battles, and will give them to the players at the end. The discs are real wood, 1" diameter (so fit standard battle mats/dungeon tiles) & 1/16" thick, bought online from a woodcraft company. In the center are Boinger & Zereth. Clockwise from the left of Boinger are Lady Hortensa, Sir Geoffrey (with Prince Valiant hairdo), Brother Ambrose, Murray the Mage, Olaf & Haldor, Maximillian the Centaur (who I gave a weird human-horse hybrid face), Bardan the Dwarf and Sunna. I started off putting a letter on each but dropped that part way through since I decided it wasn't really needed. Each back has the PC name + "Gary Con XI".

9 comments:

  1. That's a really cool idea! How much did they cost you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome. Woodburning or just drawn on the wooden discs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert Weber Just a Micron .05. I was going to get a paint pen, but I tried this first and it worked well enough. I've also painted tokens different colors for different forces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they were woodburnt but it makes more sense to just draw on them. Consider your idea stolen! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! They have such personality. I love game pieces made of wood or clay.

    ReplyDelete