Saturday, September 21, 2013

Last night I finished the first draft of Part 7: Treasures.

Last night I finished the first draft of Part 7: Treasures. That means I am now on the last chapter, Part 8: Campaigns. This chapter will be about designing adventures in the Underworld, the Wilderness, and the Realm. There will also be a slice of advice for referees on campaigns, house rules, character advancement, and the like. This, of all chapters, will be interesting to write because it relies very little on the d20 SRD or the original rules. It will, however, draw on Holmes's ideas on creating a fantasy life in a game without end.

Okay, before I get too excited, I know that the first draft is just the start of a lot of work - there is the first edit, the proofreading, the re-writing, the continuity checking - and that's even before we get to layout. But at least the end is in sight, and once layout is done I will be able to get quotations for artwork and see about setting up that Indiegogo for funding the same.

Which brings to mind a question, do any of you have any pointers with regard to making that all-important Indiegogo video? I must admit to complete ignorance on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment