Wednesday, November 14, 2018

This is a little off topic, but I know some of you have read MarvelComics.

Chris Holmes wrote:

This is a little off topic, but I know some of you have read Marvel Comics. I read an obituary of Stan Lee yesterday and learned that the Fantastic Four and I were both born in 1961. This made me doubly happy because it was my childhood favorite. Apparently Dad read us Marvel comics aloud before my brother and I could read ourselves. May the God's bless Stan Lee and Jack Kirbyville and Steve Ditko too.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear, Chris. I always liked the FF. I was sporadic comic reader as a kid (read more now!), but I remember watching reruns of the '67-70 FF cartoon. Particularly the one where they survive on the Moon by finding the Blue Area. My strongest impression of Stan Lee is of his narration of the early '80s Spiderfriends & Hulk cartoons. Hard to find good audio of these on-line, but here is one for a Hulk promo I found yesterday. His voice/tone was so well suited for audio comic book narration. youtube.com - Hulk 1982 - "Origin of the Hulk" episode trailer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my grandfather did the same when I was a pre-reader! Which was interesting, because he couldn't speak English any more than I could read it. But it was the thought that counted. :-)

    Though I was a Spider-Man and X-Men fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys
    Reading aloud is a great way to share your favorites.

    ReplyDelete