Friday, December 27, 2013

I received a copy of Holmes Basic for Christmas, and it's in shockingly good shape.

I received a copy of Holmes Basic for Christmas, and it's in shockingly good shape.  I almost don't want to use it, but … I will.  Anyway, I can't tell what edition it is!  I checked the Acaeum, but no joy.  The product number is F116-R, but there's no reference to Hobbits in it on page 11.  This seems to rule out True First, First, and Second printings.  It also seems to be a UK edition, as it's got prices on the back in pounds and pence, and promotes White Dwarf on the back.

The inside doesn't say "second print" but "2nd edition, November 1978," and shows the wizard logo and the GW fairy logo.

Is this edition weird and of interest, or just not catalogued on the Acaeum?

1 comment:

  1. Oops.  Well, that mystery didn't last long at all, once I noticed Acaeum's search feature.  There's a page just for foreign editions, and there it is clear: UK Basic Set, 4th printing.

    http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/foreign/basicfor.html

    ReplyDelete