Thursday, December 17, 2015

I've backed the kickstarter to reprint Runequest 2nd edition being run by Rick Meints (member here).

I've backed the kickstarter to reprint Runequest 2nd edition being run by Rick Meints (member here). I've never played it before or even read one of the rulebooks but am interested in it from a historical perspective. Both the original Runequest (1978) and the revised 2nd edition (1980) both came out during the Holmes Basic era, and Holmes reviewed the game in his 1981 book about FRPGs. A pdf of the original 1978 version is also being offered as an add-on to the kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/runequest-classic-edition

4 comments:

  1. Do you also have All The Wold's Monsters? The Perrin Conventions are in there. I'm backing with enough extra to get the RQ1 PDF, so it'll be interesting to trace the progression from D&D to PC to RQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day it was MY game. Too fiddly now. I'll have to get one though. Nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn you, I didn't want to spend money there anymore. Now I did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the time we focussed on the differences to D&D, now it's interesting to trace the similarities.

    ReplyDelete