Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Here's a post by Sarah Darkmagic about the D&D article in Dynamite magazine in 1980.

Here's a post by Sarah Darkmagic about the D&D article in Dynamite magazine in 1980. The girl on the left is holding a Holmes rulebook, and there's a Holmes poster on the wall behind the girl on the right. I have a copy of the pdf that someone on ODD74 shared a while back. I'll post a link to it below for anyone else who would like to read it.
http://www.sarahdarkmagic.com/content/how-picture-girls-playing-dd-went-cool-awesome

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was looking at this yesterday, so it's very timely that you should share it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a copy of this issue back in the day. I think it would have been '82 or '83. Man, this brings back memories! I considered my copy of this magazine a part of my gaming library; small as it was back then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it seems it was published in 1981 judging by the dynamite magazine records.

    ReplyDelete
  4. False alarm on Twitter - it looks like it wasn't actually the girl from the article, just someone who thought they looked like that girl back in the early 80s.

    ReplyDelete